Sunday, February 9, 2014

Let's Try This Again!

Ah, the frustration!  It feels like we just get started, and then another five day weekend occurs, and then I have to start all over again!  The positives, however, are things like getting my papers graded, getting my work done for the online course I'm taking, and being home to take care of a sick child without having to take a sick day.  And it's pretty.  Driving home from events in Ann Arbor last night the whole world sparkled, and today there's a fresh coat of white all over everything!

View Off My Deck This Morning

So let's try this again...

In English 9, we're still working on a descriptive, reflective essay called "Single Room, Earth View", and then they'll write their own descriptive, reflective piece.  I need them to bring in some sort of photo from a fabulous vacation, adventure, or just an exciting time in their life so that they can use it to paint their experience in words.  The picture can be printed or kept on an electronic device.  We're also going to start an independent reading project of a non-fiction book this week.  I'll hand out the information on Monday, along with all the dates for deadlines.  We're going to try to get into the library on Monday, but they can get the books from school, home, outside libraries, or electronically.

In English 11 we're still working toward starting Lord of the Flies.  Bummer that I didn't get the books handed out early last week because we could have kept the reading going...but I didn't.  So we'll finish the preview tomorrow and get things started.  I also am continuing with ACT preparation, so we're doing Bell Work that centers on punctuation, and by the end of the week we'll write a persuasive essay that will be timed so that they get used to the timing on the ACT.

I hope everyone has a great week, and I pray, pray, pray that we get a full five days in!  Cheers!

Creative Commons License
Laura Stubbs's Bloggs by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment