Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Final Push

What a rough couple of weeks for me personally!  First, my home eliptical machine broke a couple of weeks ago.  While this is ridiculous to use as an excuse for a rough time, I've worked so hard the past couple of months to get my health into a better place, so I use that eliptical in order to relieve stress.  Thank goodness it's fixed now because my 7th grader is doing nothing to relieve the stress.  I know there are some of you out there who can empathize with my experience.  I swear he has lost his mind.  He tanked on his grades in school a couple weeks ago, in spectacular fashion I might add, and still seems to only be using a portion of his brain to fix things.  Unfortunately this has been taking up a majority of my time, so I haven't kept up with my grading.  NO MORE!!!  As of this weekend, that is not happening anymore, and I swear the eliptical machine is a huge part of the turn around.  Like I said, I'm ridiculous at times.

Anyway, in the midst of Christmas shopping, Christmas concerts, family Christmas celebrations, life does go on.  I'm working today to get things caught up, and in class we're working on finishing Romeo and Juliet.  Their final objective test will be on Wednesday, and it's worth 100 points.  The final essay will be written in class from Thursday through the following Monday; it will be 60 points.  In the meantime, they're reviewing for the test in class by performing out a 30-minute skit which contains Shakespeare's original language, and everyone has a role.  We'll perform it out during class on Tuesday, so I should have pictures for next week.  In the meantime, I handed out a study guide with suggestions for studying on Friday, so you should see them doing something!  I have told them that they can check out a textbook if they wish, but free online text and audio is out there and available.

So here's the week:

  • Monday - they'll get all their paperwork back from the unit, and then practice the skits.
  • Tuesday - they'll perform the skit for each other.
  • Wednesday - objective portion of the test - 100 points!
  • Thursday - we'll plan out the final essay.
  • Friday - we'll work on drafting the final essay - 60 points!
Busy, busy, busy!  I hope everyone has a great week.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment