Sunday, December 18, 2016

What a Great Time of Year!

Wow, what a great weekend it's been for the Fitch family (yes, that is my maiden name; no, I do not get discounts at Abercrombie &, though it never hurts to try it when there, right?).  I'm on the road in Dayton, OH, driving home from my nephew's wedding in Lexington, KY.  Yesterday it was 60 degrees and we didn't even need coats!  We were able to spend some time at the plantation of Henry Clay, who among his many roles was Secretary of State under John Quincy Adams:
We were also able to go on campus at the University of Kentucky and get pizza at the Mellow Mushroom:
Finally, we ended the day celebrating the marriage with family, both new and old:
This is the same nephew who was ring bearer in my wedding twenty years ago.  How is this possible?


It was also my neice's graduation from CMU, so since my dad was unable to travel to Kentucky, she was able to have a cheering party in Mt. Pleasant.  She was my flower girl, by the way:
So much to cheer for as we begin to pass the torch to the next generation.

It's back to reality for me, however; at least for three days.  Last week we finished Edgar Allen Poe, so this week we're going to try to do Emily Dickinson and then combine the two together for an end of unit assessment.  Here's what the schedule looks like:
  • Monday, 12/19 - we'll read and annotate a Dickinson poem.  There's a Type 2 Quiz at the end of it.
  • Tuesday, 12/20 - we'll fill out a pre-packet and begin the assessment.
  • Wednesday, 12/21 - we'll finish the assessment.
That's the plan; as always, I'll update the calendar if we get behind.  Second Hour Co-Taught, by the way, is behind and might need to do the End-of-Unit assessment after break.

Have a great couple of weeks and I'll see everyone in 2017! Ciao!

Creative Commons License
What a Great Time of Year! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment