Sunday, November 26, 2017

On to December - and Christmas!

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone.  I hope everyone enjoyed some good food and lots of family.  Now we march forward to the Christmas season.  Only one month to shop!  I don't know about everyone else, but I've barely started.  It's not time to panic, however; lots of time left for that!

Over the course of this weekend I've gotten a lot accomplished for school.  I've been planning and grading, grading and planning.  I've got HAC up to date with everything that's in my possession in the books (I think - unless something was left behind at school, like my planning book).  As we go forward with Term 2, I notice that my English 10 have had a lot of tough academic assessments lately.  So I'd like to remind everyone that if they have a Type 2 quiz that is lower than they'd like, they can do test corrections for half credit back; if they have an analytical paragraph that is lower than they'd like, they can revise and edit it and re-submit it for full credit (I'm using these to build a Type 4 beautiful essay, so I'm mostly concerned that they get it right).  I've offered this to all of my English 10 (only a few have taken advantage of this offer), and as we begin the process of writing and quizzing in English 9, they, too, will have the same offer.

So here's the plan for this week:

English 9

  • Monday, 11/27 - hand back papers to 1st and 3rd hours, 2nd Hour will do prepositions; we'll read Act II scenes v and vi and finish the study guide.
  • Tuesday, 11/28 - Academic Advisory - quiz over Act II; begin writing Analytical Paragraph #1 for Romeo's character.
  • Wednesday, 11/29 - continue writing Analytical Paragraph #1 - due Thursday.
  • Thursday, 11/30 - 9th Grade Info Meeting - Scheduling for 10th Grade - finish, print, and submit Analytical Paragraph #1; move on to Act III, Scene i.
  • Friday, 12/1 - get Reading Log #11; silent reading.
English 10
  • Monday, 11/27 - hand back papers; type intro. paragraph; revise, edit, copy and paste body paragraphs into Type 4 5-paragraph Essay.
  • Tuesday, 11/28 - Academic Advisory - nouns; brainstorm and type conclusion paragraph; proofread, edit, and revise Type 4 5-paragraph Essay - due Wednesday.
  • Wednesday, 11/29 - print and turn in Type 4 5-paragraph Essay; go get Henrietta Lacks book from the library; start working on HeLa cell handout.
  • Thursday, 11/30 - Character Advisory - nouns; finish and turn in HeLa cell preview handout; read pp. 1-7 in Henrietta Lacks.
  • Friday, 12/1 - get Reading Log #11; silent reading.
That's the plan for the week.  I enjoyed seeing so many of you at P/T conferences.  If I missed you due to long lines and/or time constraints, please feel free to contact me!  Ciao!

Creative Commons License
On to December - and Christmas! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment