Monday, May 27, 2019

Let Summer Begin (Sort of)!

It feels strange to say "Happy" Memorial Day, since it's not really a happy event, but I hope everyone has enjoyed a longer weekend and is looking forward to summer. I'm trying to enjoy it, but I'm also trying to stay on top of grading papers, planning the end of the year, and...oh yeah...prepare for my son's graduation from high school.  I usually wait to prepare my house for summer until school lets out, but we've had to jump in early this year since his grad party is in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I am preparing for the end of the school year. In English 9 we've begun reading Of Mice and Men. They will have a short exam at the end of it to cover all of semester 2, but most of the test will be over this book. I'll pull things together to get them prepared and it won't be until the end of that last full week.  In English 10 we're reading Tuesdays with Morrie, and I have pulled together their final exam.  I have a study guide and will give that to them on Monday so that they're well aware and have time to study. I have the exam set for Wednesday, 6/5.  It's also not overly strenuous, but it's a little heftier than the English 9: I need to get them ready for 11th grade!

So here's the schedule for this week:

English 9

  • Tuesday, 5/28 - Academic Advisory - 2nd Hour: quiz for ch. 1; Blackish episode to address the n-word; start ch. 2; 5th Hour: Blackish episode; work on ch. 2
  • Wednesday, 5/29 - ch. 2 and activities; quiz
  • Thursday, 5/30 - no advisory - read ch. 3 and do activities
  • Friday, 5/31 - finish ch. 3; group poster for theme and symbolism
English 10
  • Tuesday, 5/28 - Academic Advisory - read pp. 26-61; study guide; read pp. 62-99 and prepare for Socratic Seminar
  • Wednesday, 5/29 - Socratic Seminar for pp. 62-99; read pp. 100-29; study guide
  • Thursday, 5/30 - no advisory - bucket list assignment; read pp. 130-59; prepare for Socratic Seminar #2
  • Friday, 5/31 - Socratic Seminar #2; finish bucket list assignment
And that's the plan! I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and a fabulous week!

Creative Commons License
Let Summer Begin (sort of)! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment