Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two and a Half Weeks...

Graduation is over, and I'm feeling sentimental.  I love participating in graduation, and I'm so grateful that so many have allowed me to play a small part in their lives.  I loved many students in the Class of 2014, and I'm so happy for them and look forward to hearing from them as they enter this new chapter in their lives. Onward, and upward, right?

And while I'd love to dwell in nostalgia-land, I can't because we still have TWO AND A HALF WEEKS TO GO!!!  Can you believe it? I feel like I should have my room boxed up and I should be turning my kiddos back over to their parents for two months, but those abominable snow days are coming back to haunt us now.  Bummer!  But whatcha gonna do?

Onward, and upward...

In English 9 we're finishing Part I of The Odyssey in the textbook.  We'll take a test over it when completed and I have the movie so they can see it as a whole.  After that, we'll do a little poetry to end the year...I'm thinking performance art for the last day of school.  Hmmm...I'll have to dwell on that idea a little.  They are also taking their second NWEA assessment of the year on Tuesday and I've asked them to do their best so that we can see if they are growing as students.

In English 11 we're halfway through Night and I'd like to finish it this week.  There are quite a few interruptions, of course, so we'll see if we get to the test or not. A.P. meetings for next year are this week, and I'm pulled out a couple of days for different meetings, so we'll see how this goes.  I'd like to test late this week or early next week.  I'll try to keep you posted.

I hope everyone is enjoying the glorious weather and getting in some family time.  It's that busy time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment