Sunday, November 30, 2014

Well...that was a crazy week!

It's that time of year when I get nostalgic and wax poetic.  I was opening up the boxes and getting out the decorations for the tree and living room, and I can't help but miss my grandmother.  She would have been 104 this year (104!).  When she passed away ten years ago I inherited many of the Christmas decorations that I spent years cleaning and loving, and while I love each and every one of them, the ache in my heart grows.  If only for one more phone call, one more hug, one more moment to hold her hand.  Her last remaining sibling passed away on Friday night, which just increases my nostalgia.  It's hard to watch a generation pass on, and to know that your parents are now the "old" generation, and you've taken their place as the middle generation.

My grandmother on my wedding day - she was 87.
 
I remember these camels from when I was a really little girl - they always went next to the fireplace at Christmas.

I gave her the nutcracker about the time I was performing in the ballet for the 8th time.
 

My Uncle Bob, my grandmother's youngest brother who passed away on Friday night, and who recently turned 94.  I'm thinking I have really good longevity genes.

But enough of the sappy...on to business!

Ok.  Can I just say, "Re-do" on last week's post?  Between technology issues and a day off school, we didn't accomplish much.

Here's what they should have accomplished last week:  English 11 students should all have their vocab. quizes on Edmodo complete; all students should have their 2nd blog post for their independent book complete.

Here's what's coming up: 

  • English 11 - we will be completing the information for Act I on their group project on Google Drive Slides; we will continue reading both Act II and Act III of Macbeth - work on the Google Drive Slides will continue; all need to work on completing their independent reading and blog post #3 needs to happen this week independently.
  • English 9 - we will finish discussing Act I of Romeo and Juliet and move into Act II and III; all need to work on completing their independent reading - blog post #3 will happen this week.
I'm cancelling vocabulary for this week because we have our hands full.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week as we head into the Christmas season!  Ciao!

Creative Commons License
Well...that was a crazy week! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment