Sunday, February 12, 2017

Whew! What a Few Weeks It Has Been!

Wow!  It has been a whirlwind the past three weeks.  Three weekends ago my oldest son not only participated in the high school district Solo & Ensemble, but his school hosted it, so I had to go volunteer and work it also.  That took up a lot of my time.  Here's a picture from his performance, sans haircut since I forgot all about the appointment (it has since occurred, but I'm amazed he was able to see his music):
Then the following week I managed to catch the cold of a lifetime, right before a HUGE weekend that started with both of my boys having Friday night dances.  The next morning my younger son participated in middle school district Solo & Ensemble, also held at the same high school, which meant four more hours of volunteering.  Later that day my younger son was singing at a service, then a soccer game for both of them that night, followed by another one the next morning, and...oh...it was my mom's birthday and her present was to stay at my house and go with me to a cooking class for making pizzas.  Here's a picture of my younger son's performance at Solo & Ensemble:
So this weekend wasn't quite as crazy, but the younger kid's musical he's been involved in since September was this weekend, so I worked it Friday night and then enjoyed it on Saturday.  And I was on the committee for the Afterglow, so I arrived home late last night, but happy.  It was a great production of Beauty and the Beast:

So that's my saga.  The fact that I have everything graded from the past few weeks except for one 10% Summary is amazing.  I have 150 of those, but I think I can get through them fairly quickly early this week.  That's my goal since their 5-paragraph analytical essays are due on Tuesday.

Which leads to what we've been working on.  Last week we were able to read Act II of The Crucible and pre-write and write a 5-paragraph analytical essay.  It's not due until Tuesday, but we're not working on it in class on Monday.  There has been quite a bit of illness running through the school, so I want to make sure everyone has everything they need.

So here's what's coming up this week:
  • Monday, 2/13 - address any questions regarding essays; we'll begin reading Act III of The Crucible.
  • Tuesday, 2/14 - essays are due - we'll read aloud, edit, revise, and submit them; Verb Packet #4 will be handed out and we'll start them; Act III of The Crucible.
  • Wednesday, 2/15 - Academic Advisory - Verb Packet #4; Act III of The Crucible.
  • Thursday, 2/16 - Career Advisory - Finish Act III of The Crucible; Quiz over Act III
  • Friday, 2/17 - No School - Winter Break!
 That's the plan.  I hope everyone has a great week.  Ciao!

Creative Commons License
Whew! What a Few Weeks It Has Been! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment