Sunday, December 16, 2018

Happy Vacation

Since we all have different beliefs, I decided to try to stay out of controversy by just wishing everyone well as we head off for vacation time.  Only five days this week, and then we're done!  There's much to do in those five days, but I have confidence we can accomplish it all.

Last week we continued the Battle of Technology, so 2nd Hour English 9 is behind on their slideshows for Stranger Things "Episode 1," and I'm adjusting their deadline to this Wednesday.  English 10 is working on interviews and since Google Hangouts is blocked we've been working our way around this, looking for alternatives.  A few people have been able to accomplish them so far, and if any groups need time during class to go do an interview I'll make time for that.  After they do the interview they will need to type up the conversation so that we have a written record.  In case we can't actually make an interview happen I had them type up the contact information, the email they are sending, and the questions they plan to ask, and then they shared this with me so that they can get credit.

So here's the plan for this week:

English 9

  • Monday, 12/17 - 2nd Hour = prepositions; finish "Cask of Amontillado" worksheet; 5th Hour = finish "Cask of Amontillado" worksheet
  • Tuesday, 12/18 - Academic Advisory - 2nd Hour = quiz for "Cask"; work on slideshow; 5th Hour = prepositions; quiz for "Cask"
  • Wednesday, 12/19 - 2nd Hour = silent reading and/or slideshow which is due by midnight; 5th Hour = silent reading
  • Thursday, 12/20 - PSAT/SAT Advisory - turn in Reading Log #12; Episode 2 of Stranger Things (as requested)
  • Friday, 12/21 - game and treat day
English 10
  • Monday, 12/17 - read Ch. 28 of HeLa; study guide, notes, type 2 exit ticket
  • Tuesday, 12/18 - Academic Advisory - Ch. 29/30 of HeLa; study guide and notes
  • Wednesday, 12/19 - Ch. 31 of HeLa; study guide and notes
  • Thursday, 12/20 - PSAT/SAT Advisory - Ch. 32 of HeLa; study guide and notes
  • Friday, 12/21 - test for pp. 199-267
As a side note, for English 10 parents especially - my 1st Hour pranked me on Friday, and they got me good.  I guess they planned it right in front of me (not enough coffee in me yet?).  I'm posting the pictures they wanted down below, but there will not be any paybacks from me since I don't want to escalate things.  One prank directed my way in 25 years is plenty, thank you very much, so I also want to discourage any other classes from trying their hands at this; if you hear anything, I'd appreciate your help in squashing it.  It's too difficult to do my job if I'm having to cope with the pranks as well.

Thanks!




Creative Commons License
Happy Vacation by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment