Sunday, January 6, 2019

Welcome Back!

Good morning!  I know we've already been back two days, but this is my 1st post of the new year, so welcome back!  While I didn't really want to go back to work for two days last week, it did help ease me back into routine, so now I'm ready to go. 

Last Thursday all of my classes did a reality check with their grades.  What is most important in the scheme of things is the semester grade, so I had them average 1st quarter with 2nd quarter to determine what their grade would be at this moment.  I then had them determine if they would get credit or not for the semester and make a goal for the last three weeks of the semester.  I have emailed parents of those not passing quarter two, so hopefully everyone is well aware of the reality of the situation.

In English 9 last week we finished off Edgar Allan Poe and got a new reading log - due this coming Thursday.  In English 10 I gave them Cornell Notes to fill out in preparation for a Socratic Seminar - they're due Monday.

So here's the schedule for the upcoming week:

English 9

  • Monday, 1/7 - prepositions; Emily Dickinson intro and packet
  • Tuesday, 1/8 - Academic Advisory - prepositions; Dickinson packet
  • Wednesday, 1/9 - prepositions; Dickinson packet
  • Thursday, 1/10 - PSAT/SAT Advisory - turn in Reading Log #13; prepositions; finish and turn in Dickinson packet
  • Friday, 1/11 - get Reading Log #14; silent reading
English 10
  • Monday, 1/7 - Socratic Seminar for Ch. 33-36; Reflection Packet
  • Tuesday, 1/8 - Academic Advisory - PSAT Bell Work; Ch. 37 Cornell Notes
  • Wednesday, 1/9 - PSAT Bell Work; Ch. 38 Cornell Notes
  • Thursday, 1/10 - PSAT/SAT Advisory - Socratic Seminar for Ch. 37-38; Reflection Packet
  • Friday, 1/11 - Passion Project - Work on Electronic Portfolio
That's the schedule as I see it today.  I hope everyone has a great week!

Creative Commons License
Welcome Back! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment