Sunday, October 27, 2013

Wow! What a Week!

This is going to be fairly short and sweet, since I spent most of the week in a courtroom.  Everyone told me to take lots of papers to grade because I would spend most of the day just sitting there and never get placed on a trial.  So I took many papers - many, many papers - and had graded a total of five before my name was called and I was placed on a jury!  It was very interesting, but very disruptive to my schedule, and I missed your kids!  Kudos to all of them for their patience and efforts getting through the week.  We had a wonderful sub., and Mrs. Johnson in the main office made sure that the same person could be there all week for consistency, and everyone made it through!  The first part of this coming week will be me back-tracking and making sure everyone got what they needed last week, and then we'll be able to move forward.

Luckily I was able to be finished with jury duty on Thursday, so I could attend the 9th grade field trip on Friday to see Romeo and Juliet at the Emagine Theater in Canton.  Thank you to all who attended as chaperones!  The kids were great.  I loved the girls' reaction to their first view of the actor playing Romeo; I think it took almost 5 minutes until we had them calmed down.  I also loved hearing them saying lines, and spotting differences between the text and movie.  I really feel like they all "get" the play and we're ready to assess later this week.  Lunch afterward was a bit chaotic; Emagine shifted us from Novi to Canton the day before, so we just tried to find a strip of fast food joints to dump them all in.  Somehow we (and the restaurants) got us all through and back on the bus, and the kids were gloriously happy (and the adults were exhausted)! 

So now we're on to the final week of the term.  English 11 is getting ready to head into the Medieval Times and Canterbury Tales.  English 9 will be finalizing Romeo and Juliet information; at the moment I have the test scheduled for Thursday, with papers/projects to follow, but I'll email everyone when I have finalized the plans.  Then Friday is a no-school-day for your kids while the staff go to a Countywide Inservice Day.  Good for them since it's the day after Halloween, but maybe not so good for you?

Have a wonderful week!

Images from the field trip to see Romeo and Juliet



No comments:

Post a Comment