Sunday, November 10, 2013

Two Weeks of Normal (Maybe?)

I was so happy to meet so many parents last week at conferences!  Thank you so much for caring enough to come in and meet with me.  I truly love working with your children and I thank you for sharing them with me.  If you were unable to come to conferences, but would like to set something up, please let me know.

Last week was short as far as time in the classroom, so here are just a couple of highlights:  in English 9 we are finishing up our Romeo and Juliet unit by completing creative projects.  They are due on Monday, and some have even already turned them in!  In English 11 we're working on completing the "Prologue" for The Canterbury Tales.  Third Hour English 11 also completed a second independent novel, had a donut party (thanks to those who contributed), and have moved on to their third independent novel.

Coming up this week, English 9 will be turning their attention to the novel To Kill a Mockingbird - a personal favorite of mine.  Expect more homework - both reading and writing - since they will all have a book signed out to them.  In English 11 we will complete the "Prologue" and move on to the "Pardoner's Tale."  Expect a test mid- to late-week, and then they will be writing their own tale - in poetic couplets no less!  They will also be working on another independent novel for Term 2, since our reading from the textbook is still all done in class.

Just as an FYI, I think I have Edmodo up and running.  I'm attempting to keep a calendar with assignments on it, so that if they're absent they can look up what we are doing.  I'm also going to attempt to use it this week for a poll and a discussion forum for English 9.

That's about all I've got for this week.  I hope everyone has a wonderful one as we start to get prepped for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment