Sunday, January 19, 2014

Final Week of Semester One

I can't believe we're already at the end of the semester, and I also can't believe that we're already heading to the end of January!  Where does the time go?  I've really enjoyed working with my students this semester, so while I'm excited to meet so many new faces in another week, I'm very sad to see so many of my current students switch to a new teacher.  At least I'll still get to see them in the hallways and in their extracurricular activities.

Coming up this week for both of my classes:  exams!  English 11 will be on Wednesday, and will mostly be a test on Animal Farm, which we have been reading since we got back.  There are a couple of questions over Beowulf, Canterbury Tales, and Macbeth, as well as commas, but not many, and (broad hint here) it would behoove them to find all of their paperwork for everything.  I'll take a couple of minutes to go over this in class.  The English 9 exam will be on Thursday and I have a guide over what will be on it; they, also, will want to locate all of their paperwork.

In addition to this, due to the snow WEEK (instead of snow day), we had to reschedule our Elizabethan Celebration to this Wednesday, and we've been working on getting this pulled together.  All are invited:  parents, students, community, whoever!  The more, the merrier!  Here is a flyer put together by a student to advertise the event:


We hope to see everyone there!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment