Sunday, January 12, 2014

Onward and Upward

I'm very sure that we're finally going to be back in school tomorrow, so I'm going ahead with this blog.  I don't ever remember having a 3-week Christmas vacation, and it seems surreal to be returning on January 13th!  That being said, here's the new agenda:


  • We've rescheduled the 11th grade Elizabethan Celebration for Wednesday, January 22nd:  same time, same place.  We'll work on the papers a bit this week.  I'll have the rough copy due on Wednesday, with a final copy due on Friday so that I can work on them over the weekend.  Presentations, of course, will occur the night of the event.  In addition, I'm going to try to work with the Royal Court, the video group, and the recorded music group on Tuesdays after school for the next two weeks.  Advertising for the event should be out soon!
  • English 11, in the meantime, will be reading Animal Farm - a quick novel that will take us roughly one week.  We'll have a semester exam the following week, which will mostly encompass Animal Farm with a few questions from the other things we've done this semester.
  • English 9 will focus on short story and novel elements, and we'll work on a small project to finalize this information.  The next week we will have a semester exam.  I will give them quite a bit of preparation to get them ready.
Exciting things are happening, and I'm so happy to be back to work!  I've loved spending relaxing time with my own children, but now that they're back at school, too, it seems kind of pointless for me to be sitting alone in my house.  I've missed all of your children, also, and am looking forward to seeing all of them again.

I hope everyone has had some quality family time, as well.  I think I speak for most of us, however, when I say...it's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment