Friday, January 24, 2014

Semester 2 - We're Already Half-Way Through!

Isn't it amazing how time flies?  We're at the end of January and half-way through the school year!  I guess all the snow days help to move time along for me, but every year time seems to move faster and faster!

This past week was crazy, ending with the snow day today.  We held our Elizabethan Celebration Wednesday night (re-scheduled from January 8th) to great success.  I saw some fabulous projects, tried many delicious dishes (including wild game, for the authentic touch: thank you Andrew and Preston), watched some great performances, and witnessed the learning curve of the tech guys as they worked with new equipment (well, new to them).  I also was able to see the changes that need to be made to do this project again another time, but the conclusion all the English 11 teachers came to was that it was definitely worth doing and we had a wonderful time seeing your kids step out of their usual roles in our classroom and play to their strengths, many which we would never get to witness because they're not in the "traditional" English classroom.  I only wish I had had time to get pictures.  Mrs. Karavas took some, so I'll try to get her to share them with me.

For those of you who are leaving me (because your kids are leaving me), please know how much I've enjoyed working with your students.  I'm sad to lose so many due to scheduling.  I'm also very excited to meet so many new faces, and work again with some I've had in my classroom before!  If only I could teach them all!  (Just kidding, my paper load would be completely unmanageable.)

We're switching semesters, so my English 9 will change focus to verbs and non-fiction reading and writing, and my English 11 will turn to Lord of the Flies and ACT/MME preparation.

It's been a great  first half of the year, and now I'm looking forward to the second half!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment