Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!  Your kids are amazing, which means you must be doing an amazing job!  I hope your day is filled with happiness and love.

Speaking of happiness and love, I'm done with all of the research papers that are in my possession at this moment!  I have some that are being revised; I'll grab those as they come in, and if your student wants to come investigate this possibility for his or her own paper, just have them come talk to me.

I now have just one last batch of essays in my hands, and then I'm completely caught up on grading!  I graded and entered the tests from The Crucible last week.  If your student wants to come do test corrections for 1/2 credit back, they can come during Tuesdays with Teachers or Academic Advisory.  This week we're continuing to work on the culminating group project; presentations are scheduled for Monday, 5/16.

So here's the schedule for this week:
  • Monday - we'll continue with progressive verbs; then we'll spend the day doing research for the project.
  • Tuesday - we'll finish working with verb tenses.  After that we'll start pulling the research paper together into an MLA format using Google Docs.
  • Wednesday - we'll continue pulling things together into the paper form.
  • Thursday - we'll finish the paper, then we'll start on the presentation using Google Slides.  This is also the day of the A.P. World History test, which affects many of my students, so flexibility will be the name of the game.
  • Friday - we'll finish creating the presentations and print the papers.  Presentations will happen on Monday, 5/16.
I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful weekend and gets some time with family.  Ciao!

Creative Commons License
Happy Mother's Day! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment