Sunday, November 27, 2016

Back To Life, Back To Reality...

Somehow this year I'm always channeling '80s songs.  When we were working on the Central Idea of Love, I would ask, "What is love?" And they would respond, "Baby don't hurt me." They're always good for a chuckle.

Anyway, our five-day reprieve is coming to an end.  I have to be honest, I didn't do a whole lot of grading.  I spent time with my family, watched a little football (Yay, for my 12-0 WMU Broncos and the Detroit Lions; boo to the UM/OSU results, and we won't even bother with my Spartans), I worked on getting the house ready for Christmas and my sister's visit next weekend, and I went to a UM hockey game where I got to watch a former student play:

So I'll try to get a little done today.

Due to fog delays, my 1st and 2nd Hours are behind the other three, but what I mainly want to accomplish this week is to finish reading the play.  We're kind of in the home stretch, so they'll have study guides that we do together as we read, but that's about it.  So here's the plan:

  • Monday, 11/28 - we'll try to finish Act III with a movie clip and a Type 1/2; classes that still have vocab from Act III will finish and turn them in.
  • Tuesday, 11/29 - we'll read Act IV and do a study guide.
  • Wednesday, 12/30 - Academic Advisory - we'll finish Act IV and head to Act V with study guide.
  • Thursday, 12/1 - Career Advisory - we'll try to finish Act V.
  • Friday, 12/2 - we'll watch the end of the movie and start prepping for the final assessment.
So that's the plan.  I'm writing this as I watch my older son play indoor soccer, so when I get home I can concentrate on your kids.  I hope everyone has a relaxing end to the weekend.  Ciao!

Creative Commons License
Back to Life, Back to Reality by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.laurastubbs.blospot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment