Sunday, February 17, 2019

Let's Try This Again

Good morning!  Well last week sure didn't work out, did it?  The good part of it all is that my papers are graded, I've planned everything for the next few days, and my house is fairly well organized.  In my English 9 classes, we'll just pick up right where we were and try to crank through this play. In English 10, we're now even further behind.  I put a couple of things on Google Classroom, but other than having them Skype with me to do actual class, I had to pause because I need to see that they're getting things before I move forward, and Skyping 90 of them at a time just is not going to happen! I've modified how we're moving forward, and this week I'll give out information for the research project.  I'll share the flyer with you later this week, both digital and hard copy.

Here's the plan for this week:

English 9

  • Monday, 2/18 - no school
  • Tuesday, 2/19 - Academic Advisory - Type 1 commas; Act II - assign roles, vocab/study guide packet; poppet packet; read Act II
  • Wednesday, 2/20 - Type 1 commas; Type 1's for pp. 58-67; read Act II
  • Thursday, 2/21 - PSAT Advisory - Type 1 commas - turn in Type 1's for week; read Act II
  • Friday, 2/22 - finish Act II; quiz; add literary elements to original packet
English 10


  • Monday, 2/18 - no school
  • Tuesday, 2/19 - Academic Advisory - apostrophes; read aloud and turn in Dickinson work; discuss Langston Hughes; homework - paragraph for Hughes - due Wednesday
  • Wednesday, 2/20 - apostrophes; read aloud Hughes paragraph and turn in/submit work; read and annotate Sylvia Plath biography and questions - finish for homework; information for Wax Museum given out - start picking your topic
  • Thursday, 2/21 - PSAT Advisory - apostrophes - turn in for week; finish Plath; read and annotate Carl Sandburg biography and poem
  • Friday, 2/22 - finish Sandburg; quiz for 4 poets and poems; write paragraph for Plath OR Sandburg - due Monday
That's what I've got.  I'm really hoping the snow days are done, but it will be what it'll be, right?  Ciao!

Creative Commons License
Let's Try This Again by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment