Sunday, February 3, 2019

Surprise - an Extra Winter Break!

Well that was a shocker!  I don't know about you guys, but going into last weekend I never anticipated we'd be off all week.  During that week, along with taking care of my own kids, I managed to get some work done - the first week of the second semester is planned out, documents created, essays for 1st Hour are graded and entered (it takes me four hours to grade about twenty of them - I'm sorry!), and today I plan to get 4th Hour done.  Despite that, I still feel sort of like I'm swimming through molasses, so I'm trying to get my head in the game.

So - first things first - we'll finish the 1st semester material on Monday. English 9 will finish reading Act I of The Crucible; English 10 will finish watching Hidden Figures. Then we'll move on to second semester material.

Here's the schedule:

English 9

  • Monday, 2/4 - finish reading Act I of The Crucible
  • Tuesday, 2/5 - No Advisory - work on Act I packet
  • Wednesday, 2/6 - 1/2 Day - work on Act I packet
  • Thursday, 2/7 - PSAT Advisory - finish and turn in Act I packet
  • Friday, 2/8 - start Act II
English 10
  • Monday, 2/4 - finish watching Hidden Figures and turn in compare/contrast worksheet
  • Tuesday, 2/5 - No Advisory - literary terms dictionary - due Thursday
  • Wednesday, 2/6 - 1/2 Day - literary terms dictionary - due Thursday
  • Thursday, 2/7 - Class Meeting for Scheduling - turn in literary terms dictionary; read and annotate Emily Dickinson biography and poem; finish questions for homework
  • Friday, 2/8 - write Type 3 paragraph for Emily Dickinson poem
That's my plan - we'll see what Mother Nature brings to us this week!  
Creative Commons License
Surprise - an Extra Winter Break! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment