Saturday, April 20, 2019

I See Spring!

Time sure moves quickly, especially at this time of year.  I see buds on all the trees, so warm weather is on the way! I think this is my favorite time of year: I love flowers, birds, bugs, sunshine, warmth - all of it! My allergies go nuts, but I don't care.

We're cruising right along in our curriculum. Last week English 9 finished reading the first section of Animals in Translation, Chapter 1; English 10 read Act I of Macbeth.  Both groups will be writing this week and using the Turnitin.com platform for submitting the writing. I'm getting better at using it, and hopefully they'll see the benefits of using this, too. Unfortunately, this also means that I'm getting behind on grading again because it's all writing, but I'll work on that.

This week here is what we have in store:

English 9

  • Monday, 4/22 - semicolons; pre-write and write analytical paragraph for pp. 1-8
  • Tuesday, 4/23 - Academic Advisory - type and read aloud paragraph; revise and edit; move on to pp. 9-16
  • Wednesday, 4/24 - semicolons; read and annotate pp. 9-16; study guide
  • Thursday, 4/25 - Extended Advisory - colons; finish pp. 9-16; pre-write paragraph
  • Friday, 4/26 - Extended Advisory - finish pre-writing; type paragraph
English 10
  • Monday, 4/22 - finish themes; Act I quiz
  • Tuesday, 4/23 - Academic Advisory - verb tense; notes for literary devices; move on to Act II
  • Wednesday, 4/24 - verb tense; continue Act II
  • Thursday, 4/25 - Extended Advisory - verb tense; finish Act II; statues
  • Friday, 4/26 - Extended Advisory - finish statues; watch Act II
That's my plan, and I'll do my best to stick to it.  I hope everyone has a great week!
Creative Commons License
I See Spring! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment