Sunday, September 8, 2019

Off to the Races

Good morning! It's so odd to go from a completely laid back pace to racing at breakneck speed, but that's exactly what we're doing. Last week was so busy, and I got so behind on my pacing, but everything ultimately came together. Yesterday (Saturday) was a busy day as well, full of family and football, but today I'm back to the grind. I spent Friday night, Saturday early morning, and the morning so far planning and creating, so I'm set to share this next week with you:

English 9 - we will get background information on Shakespeare, his society, and we'll start Romeo and Juliet.

English 10 - we will get background information on Orwell, Soviet history, and we'll start Animal Farm.

I'm sure I'll get a bit behind again (I usually do), but I'm going to try to hit my goals and be in the text by the end of the week.

Here's the break down of schedules for the week:

English 9

  • Monday, 9/9 - bell work; get academic words of the week - define for homework; small group exploration of The Globe Theatre, Shakespeare, and Elizabethan society.
  • Tuesday, 9/10 - Academic Advisory - bell work; check in vocab., get notes on Shakespeare and his society
  • Wednesday, 9/11 - bell work; quiz over Shakespeare; vocab. cards - finish for homework; read the Prologue for Act I and analyze/annotate it.
  • Thursday, 9/12 - PSAT Advisory - bell work; check in vocab. cards; quiz for the Prologue; read Act I, Scene i
  • Friday, 9/13 - bell work; quiz for academic words of the week; silent reading; reading logs will be handed out C
English 10

  • Monday, 9/9 - bell work; get academic words of the week - define for homework; KWL for Soviet History - finish for homework
  • Tuesday, 9/10 - Academic Advisory - bell work; check in vocab.; finish KWL discussion and turn in; small group discussion over Power
  • Wednesday, 9/11 - bell work; notes on Orwell; vocab. cards for Animal Farm; read Chapter 1 and do notes - homework=finish
  • Thursday, 9/12 - PSAT Advisory - bell work; quiz for Chapter 1; discussion
  • Friday, 9/13 - bell work; vocab. quiz for academic words of the week; read Chapter 2 and do notes - quiz Monday
So that's the plan. As always, plans do change, and we've got a ton of stuff to accomplish, so please be patient with me. I truly appreciate it. I hope everyone has a great week! Ciao!

Creative Commons License
Off to the Races by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment