Sunday, September 29, 2019

Homecoming Week!

Homecoming Week has arrived, and with it comes the chaos. What I've tried to impress upon my students is that the academics will continue, along with the fun.

As far as fun - the dress up days are as follows:

  • Monday - jersey day
  • Tuesday - pink out day
  • Wednesday - decade day
  • Thursday - camo day
  • Friday - blue/gold day
Monday and Friday will have assemblies at the end of the school day; the parade is Friday at 5:00, the game is at 7:00; the dance is Saturday (I think it's 7:00 - 10:00).

In the meantime, we are in the midst of Romeo and Juliet and Animal Farm. Last week English 9 worked on moving forward in Act I, and English 10 moved through Chapter 3 of the book.  This week, I hope to have English 9 done with Act I, and English 10 midway through the book.

Here's the plan:

English 9
  • Monday, 9/30 - Activity Schedule - bell work; words of the week - get definitions; continue Act I
  • Tuesday, 10/1 - Academic Advisory - bell work; check in definitions; continue Act I
  • Wednesday, 10/2 - bell work; 1st Hour - quiz for Act I; 2nd/6th Hours - finish Act I
  • Thursday, 10/3 - PSAT Advisory - bell work; turn in reading logs; 1st Hour - watch Act I; 2nd/6th Hours - quiz for Act I
  • Friday, 10/4 - Activity Schedule - bell work; vocab. quiz; get new reading log; silent reading
English 10
  • Monday, 9/30 - Activity Schedule - bell work; words of the week - get definitions; 3rd Hour - notes/discussion for chapter 3; 4th Hour - read chapter 4
  • Tuesday, 10/1 - Academic Advisory - bell work; check in definitions; 3rd Hour - read chapter 4; 4th Hour - notes and discussion for chapter 4
  • Wednesday, 10/2 - bell work; 3rd Hour - notes and discussion for chapter 4; 4th Hour - quiz for chapters 3/4, turn in notes, read chapter 5
  • Thursday, 10/3 - PSAT Advisory - bell work; 3rd Hour - quiz for chapters 3/4, turn in notes, read chapter 5; 4th Hour - notes/discussion for chapter 5
  • Friday, 10/4 - Activity Schedule - bell work; vocab. quiz; 3rd Hour - notes/discussion for chapter 5; 4th Hour - Herd Behavior article
That's the plan. I hope everyone had a great weekend. If you need me, you know how to find me.


Creative Commons License
Homecoming Week! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment