Sunday, May 21, 2017

April Showers Bring May Flowers...and Allergies

A lot of sneezing is happening in my classroom right now, including me!  I love spring...the flowers, the warm air, the open windows...but I could do without a couple of things.  One would be the allergies, and the other would be the busyness.  On a personal level, over the last four weeks when I'm not teaching at school I'm chasing my own children around.  Between baseball practice, baseball games, track practice, track meets, music lessons, music concerts, and - oh, yeah - they both had birthdays which involved celebrating on the actual day, celebrating with family (usually at a track meet or baseball game), and celebrating with friends, I've barely had time to breathe (or correct writing assignments).  Well this week, it all comes to an end.  I'm sad because I love supporting my kids, but I'm happy because I'll get time back to finish the writing assignments; I've gotten everything else graded and lessons planned for, but I need large chunks of time for the writing, and that time is coming quick!

So, while I'm finishing off correcting the writing, here's what's going on.  Last week we finished the assessment for Sugar Changed the World and we've moved on to our final text of the year: Of Mice and Men.  I had them do a little preliminary information and activities, and now we've moved into Chapter 1.  Here's what this week looks like:
  • Monday, 5/22 - 2nd Hour will work on Verb packet #7; everyone will work on notes for Chapter 1; we'll do a character sheet that will go through the entire book.
  • Tuesday, 5/23 - 2nd Hour will finish Verb packet #7 and turn it in; everyone will read chapter 2 and start the notes.
  • Wednesday, 5/24 - Academic Advisory - we will finish the notes for chapter 2; we'll start reading chapter 3 which is a long chapter.
  • Thursday, 5/25 - Academic Advisory - we will finish reading chapter 3; we'll take notes on chapter 3.
  • Friday, 5/26 - we'll do a "Found Poem" for the book so far. (We'll be halfway through.)
That's the plan.  I'll keep the electronic calendar up and running for any changes.  I hope everyone has a great week.  Don't sneeze too much! Ciao!

Creative Commons License
April Showers Bring May Flowers...And Allergies by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment