Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.  It's always a nice day, but my favorite part is spending it with my mom and my kids, with my grandmothers near and dear to my heart.  Here's a picture of my mom and I almost 20 years ago on my wedding day:
My plan is to head for Lansing today and spend the day with family celebrating my mom, and then we turn our attention to the many birthdays in the family, so it will be a very nice gathering.

In the meantime, I thought I'd fill you in on what we're doing right now in class.  We're in the final stages of Module 4 - Sugar Changed the World - and writing an argumentative essay based on the notes taken in class.  Then we'll head for the final unit of the year: Of Mice and Men.  I can't wait to start this novella since it's one of my favorites!  Here's the plan for the week:
  • Monday, 5/15 - we'll write the 5-paragraph argumentative essay that is the final assessment for Sugar Changed the World.  It is due Tuesday.
  • Tuesday, 5/16 - we'll read-aloud the essay and turn it in; then we'll hand back papers. After that we'll do preliminary work for Of Mice and Men and go get the books from the library.
  • Wednesday, 5/17 - Academic Advisory - we'll begin reading Of Mice and Men  - chapter 1.
  • Thursday, 5/18 - Academic Advisory - we'll continue reading Of Mice and Men - chapters 1-2.
  • Friday, 5/19 - we'll continue reading Of Mice and Men - chapters 2-3.
So that's the plan. I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day Sunday and a fabulous week!  Ciao!
Creative Commons License
Happy Mother's Day! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment