Saturday, October 6, 2018

October Weather is Here!

Don't you just love October and the weather changes it brings?  Rain, hail, snow, 80 degrees, all in one day it seems.  Right now it's raining up here in Ypsilanti, but I have heard rumor that you have hail down in Carleton.  Hopefully everyone is staying dry and safe on this crazy Saturday of storms.

Speaking of storms, academic reality hit for many students last week.  The honeymoon period of school is over, and we're now down to regular schedules with lots of academic work.  Even our advisories got serious, and I know my 10th grade advisory was stuck with the mean me as I cracked down so that people could use the academic advisory to get work done (and get help), and then Thursday I started them on the road to writing an SAT essay.  In my regular classes, English 9 finished Act I of Romeo and Juliet, and English 10 is halfway through Animal Farm and is now writing a research paper for the Passion Project.

Here's the schedule for this week:

English 9

  • Monday, 10/8 - finish Romeo and Juliet Act I packet and turn in; create notes for Act I on Google Keep - to be checked in at a future date.
  • Tuesday, 10/9 - Academic Advisory - prepositions; quiz for Act I; begin Act II, scene i
  • Wednesday, 10/10 - vocab. Packet for Act II; watch Act I and Act II, scene i of the movie
  • Thursday, 10/11 - PSAT Advisory - turn in Reading Log #4; prepositions; go over vocab.; continue Act II
  • Friday, 10/12 - get Reading Log #5; silent reading day
English 10
  • Monday, 10/8 - finish discussing the writing of the rough draft of the research paper; Google Classroom Quizizz; character chart; vocab. for Chapters 4-6
  • Tuesday, 10/9 - Academic Advisory - verbs; read Chapter 6 
  • Wednesday, 10/10 - quiz for Chapters 5-6; vocab. cards for Chapters 7-8
  • Thursday, 10/11 - PSAT Advisory - verbs; go over vocab. as needed; read Chapter 7
  • Friday, 10/12 - rough drafts are due at Midnight; make a copy of the Works Cited; connect Animal Farm to the Passion Project topic
That's my plan for the week.  I hope everyone has a relaxing rest of the weekend, and a fantastic week!

Creative Commons License
October Weather is Here! by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment