Sunday, October 21, 2018

Senior Moments

Senior moments. No, I'm not having one (though sometimes I wonder). My eldest son is a senior in high school and all the "lasts" have begun: last orientation, last first day of school, last set of arena style conferences in the gym with 2000 other parents. Friday night was Senior Night for the band (following Thursday night's last Halloween concert), and I think I did pretty well and didn't get too emotional. Here's the picture of us on the field being announced:

I didn't get emotional until the end of the night, after they marched back to the school and pulled the seniors forward for a final roll call ("Band, how do you feel?  We feel good, oh we feel so good! Who's got the best band? Ann Arbor!  Which Ann Arbor? Pioneer! I can't hear you! Pioneer!")  I am sad that I'll never watch my kid participate in this fun tradition again.  I just keep reminding myself that after all these lasts, the firsts will begin again, and that gets me through.

Anyway, back to your kids!  We had a busy week last week, and of course by the end of the week, I was behind on my goal for the schedule.  In English 9 last week we finished Romeo and Juliet Act II and took a quiz; in English 10 we finished reading Animal Farm and took another quiz, then we completed and (they should have) submitted the final copy of their research paper.

Here's what's coming up this week:

English 9
  • Monday, 10/22 - hand back papers; Act III, Scene i; Flipgrid Assignment
  • Tuesday, 10/23 - Academic Advisory - prepositions; finish Flipgrid Assignment
  • Wednesday, 10/24 - prepositions; watch Flipgrid videos; continue Act III
  • Thursday, 10/25 - PSAT/SAT Advisory - turn in RL#6; continue Act III
  • Friday, 10/26 - get RL #7; if needed, finish Act III; silent reading
English 10
  • Monday, 10/22 - hand back papers; discuss poetry terminology and annotating poems; quiz for Chapter 9/10; finish study guide packet - due Tuesday; finish Propaganda Assignment - due Tuesday
  • Tuesday, 10/23 - Academic Advisory - verbs; Flipgrid assignment
  • Wednesday, 10/24 - verbs; Flipgrid assignment (4th Hour Fire Drill - 10:50)
  • Thursday, 10/25 - PSAT/SAT Advisory - verbs; Flipgrid assignment
  • Friday, 10/26 - Passion Project - poetry - create group slideshow with annotated poems - presentations 11/2
There's the plan.  I hope everyone has a good week!

Creative Commons License
Senior Moments by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment