Sunday, October 28, 2018

Final Week of Term One

I'm buried in papers and projects to grade, but I've spent much of my weekend, and I will be spending the rest of what's left, digging my way out.  My challenge this year is alternating between grading actual paper to grading online.  I'm getting used to it, but time is an issue with the online grading because I'm so slow!

This past week was fun for me.  Both English 9 and English 10 made videos for a system we're using called Flipgrid.  Of course, in my mind this would only take one, maybe two days, and in reality it took more like four.  Then we had tech issues on Friday so we had trouble watching them, but c'est la vie.  Here are some pictures of them working through the planning and filming stages:













It was fun to watch the creativity your kids can put into their work and the videos are great!  This one was one of my favorites, and since they chose to put it out there publicly, I'm sure they won't mind me sharing.  You have to click on the link to see it:

Romeo and Juliet Act III Scene i

This week we'll be moving forward - English 10 will finish Animal Farm and English 9 will work to try to get Acts III and IV hammered out so that we can finish the play the next week.  Here's the plan:

English 9

  • Monday, 10/29 - 2nd Hour will continue Act III; 5th Hour has silent reading and/or reading Act III, scenes 2/3 on their own and filling in the study guide.
  • Tuesday, 10/30 - Academic Advisory - finish Act III of Romeo and Juliet
  • Wednesday, 10/31 - quiz for Act III; continue into Act IV
  • Thursday, 11/1 - no school (Teacher Inservice)
  • Friday, 11/2 - turn in Reading Log #7; get Reading Log #8; finish Act IV
English 10
  • Monday, 10/29 - watch Animal Farm
  • Tuesday, 10/30 - Academic Advisory - continue watching Animal Farm
  • Wednesday, 10/31 - finish watching Animal Farm; go over slideshow due Friday.
  • Thursday, 11/1 - no school (Teacher Inservice)
  • Friday, 11/2 - finish group slideshow for poetry; start looking for a short story that connects to the Passion Project topic
That's the plan.  If anyone needs anything, please feel free to contact me.  Have a great week!

Creative Commons License
Final Week of Term One by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment