Sunday, January 27, 2019

Winter Wonderland

Well, folks, I don't even know what to say about this week's plans, other than that I can give you an overview and then we'll all just need to be flexible.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.  Because of the snow day last week, we still need to finish Semester 1.  The next time I see your student it will be the last day of the semester.  Following that, we'll switch to Semester 2.  I keep most of my students, even if they switch hours, so most of you will continue to hear from me.  I do have a couple of students who are leaving me (which makes me sad), so for those of you in that boat, thanks for a great semester.

Last week I only saw your kids for two and a half days, so not much was accomplished, but here's what we got done: English 10 - all papers and projects should be submitted and we're watching the movie Hidden Figures, comparing and contrasting it with The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks; English 9 has begun reading The Crucible and we have read most of Act I.

Here is an overview of this coming week, not broken down by day because of the snow days (cold days?) I know are coming:

  • English 9 - first, we will finish reading Act I to finish off the semester; after that, we'll take time to work on a packet and making sure we've got Act I understood for plot, literary elements, theme, and structure.
  • English 10 - we'll finish the semester by finishing the movie and turning in the compare/contrast worksheet; after that we'll be diving in to information that is a prelude into the very large Wax Museum Project.  Once we've made the switch, I'll start to get information out to you about this.
In addition to all this, I realized that I took a few pictures of my English 10 doing Socratic Seminars and I never posted them here, so that's what follows:






I swear he's talking and thinking, not sleeping.

So that's the scoop.  I hope everyone endures the snow, ice, and cold with good humor.  Thanks for sharing your kids with me; they are what help me endure it all - I love them!  Have a great week!

Creative Commons License
Winter Wonderland by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment