Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thanksgiving Week

Ah!  We've made it to the holidays!  I hope everyone is going to get a chance to relax with a little family time by the end of this week.  I also hope you enjoyed the snowstorm!  Here are some pictures from our house:

 My kids with the neighbor kids in the back yards
 She's standing on one of their giant snowballs
 The Day After
Oops!  I forgot to take down the humingbird feeder!

At least it's gloriously sunny now, and by Thursday I hear we're supposed to be in the mid-50's again. 

So with our shortened week, here's where we were last week, and where we're going next:
  • Last week we finished Act I of Romeo and Juliet.  They took a quiz (which I'm still grading) and did some activities, including one where we dismantled the sonnet where the two main characters meet, and they acted it out.  As a side note, all of the classes but one had male volunteers for both roles.  Since this is actually authentic, we let it ride:
 1st Hour
 2nd Hour
 4th Hour
 5th Hour
6th Hour

They seemed to enjoy the activities, and we've now moved on through Act II and the balcony scene, which we did not act out.  So this week we have the following:
  • Monday - independent book projects are due.  We will begin the hour by submitting them and making sure everything is labeled.  After that they will begin the mid-unit assessment.  This is an essay which will be completed in class over the course of the two days, except for some in 6th Hour (see Tuesday's schedule).
  • Tuesday - we will finish the mid-unit assessment and turn it in.  During 6th Hour there is a charity volleyball game, so if they choose to buy a ticket and attend, they will need to come to 6th Hour with their completed essay in hand, and then they can be released to go.  Therefore, if they choose to finish it at home Monday night, I'm OK with that.
My goal is that they go to their vacations this year with NO HOMEWORK FROM ME!  I need a break, and so do they!

I hope everyone has a great week, and I'll see you on the other side of Thanksgiving!  Ciao!
Creative Commons License
Thanksgiving Week by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment