Sunday, April 29, 2018

Is It Really Almost May?

I can hardly believe it's almost May!  This year really flew by: it's crazy!  And of course, I'm as busy as ever, and trying to keep up, though I get further and further behind.  On a personal level, between birthdays for both of my boys, baseball, and international music trips, this time period is a challenge to say the least.  My younger son just turned 15 (your prayers are much appreciated), he has had six games in the last seven days, and my older son traveled to Toronto (and I was able to tag along) at the end of last week.  Here are a few photos from the Toronto trip:

 My son and his friend waiting to perform.

 Two bands, 150 kids, and lots of loading and unloading.  I love the combo of tuxedo and hat/headphones so many wore.

Competing in an international music festival at the Toronto Centre for the Arts.  I love this shot because I can see my kid so clearly (he plays clarinet).

The hall was amazing, both for the decor and the acoustics.

Unfortunately, the performance venue was right around the corner from where a van drove down the sidewalk and plowed into pedestrians, killing 10.

 The memorial was just starting to build on Friday because the police had just re-opened the area.


Lots of therapy dogs were there to comfort the grieving.

 I was not an official chaperone, so I didn't get to enjoy this meal at the top of the CN Tower, but I love this picture that includes the back of my son's head, far away from the windows.  He's just like me: heights make him sick. 😄

Yesterday (Saturday) they were able to go to a master class with a member of the Toronto Symphony, and I was able to watch and listen.

Today he's off to Niagara Falls, but I came home late last night instead of finishing the trip with them since I didn't know how I would get up and work on Monday if I went on that leg of their journey (they're not getting home until 9:30 or 10:00 tonight).

Anyway, so that's what I've been up to, which simply means I have a lot of work to do today.

Last week, English 9 finished packet two of four for Sugar Changed the World, so this week we'll do packet three and hopefully start packet four.  In English 10, we finished reading Macbeth, so we'll be taking the test on Tuesday and then watch a movie before moving on with A Raisin in the Sun.

Here's the plan:

English 9
  • Monday, 4/30 - College Board and Khan Academy for PSAT scores; start packet #3 for Sugar Changed the World with study guides and annotations.
  • Tuesday, 5/1 - Academic Advisory - perfect tense verbs; continue packet #3
  • Wednesday, 5/2 - 1/2 Day for All - perfect tense verbs
  • Thursday, 5/3 - Academic Advisory - perfect tense verbs; finish packet #3
  • Friday, 5/4 - perfect tense verbs; start packet #4
English 10
  • Monday, 4/30 - College Board and Khan Academy for PSAT scores; video of Act V and final review of Macbeth
  • Tuesday, 5/1 - Academic Advisory - Macbeth Test; begin video
  • Wednesday, 5/2 - 1/2 Day for All - continue video
  • Thursday, 5/3 - Academic Advisory - finish video; start A Raisin in the Sun
  • Friday, 5/4 - continue A Raisin in the Sun
That's the plan as I see it.  I hope everyone enjoys the beautiful weather that is on the way. 
Creative Commons License
Is It Really Almost May? by Laura Stubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://www.laurastubbs.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment